Re: Weekend Report at Crissy

From: Jim Paugh (James.Paugh@Eng.Sun.COM-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Sep 26 1994 - 13:42:15 PDT

Date: Mon, 26 Sep 1994 13:42:15 -0700
From: James.Paugh@Eng.Sun.COM-DeleteThis (Jim Paugh)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Weekend Report at Crissy

Based on the Windsight report, I sailed Larkspur on Saturday. When I
arrived there at 3:00pm, the entire bay was covered in white caps.
I rigged my 5.7/9'Forsyth. I had to *swim* my rig out from the beach
about 50 yards out, and do a light air waterstart. Once I slogged out
towards the channel, I immediately hit the windline. I sailed out
off of Corte Madera completely overpowered on my 5.7 race sail. Most
people out were on 4.7s to 5.5's, and were sailing overpowered. It
was pretty wild. I could have easily been on my 8'6" Clam! Sailed
until 6:30, when it started to back off. Had to swim my rig in the
last 75 yards or so (this is what I don't like about Larkspur).

Great day!

~Jim
Jim Paugh email: James.Paugh@Eng.Sun.COM-DeleteThis
ONC Technologies phone: (415) 336-4466