Re: Sherman!

From: steve shugart (steves@malik.rose.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Sep 23 1994 - 12:43:22 PDT

From: steve shugart <steves@malik.rose.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: Sherman!
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 94 12:57:39 PDT"
Mailer: Elm [revision: 70.85]

> Man,
>
> Anyone sail Sherman today? Both Windsight and the pager were reporting
> gusts into the high 30's/40's, with consistent averages after noon around
> 25! Was it as good as it looked from the reports?
>
> Whatta September (and a late one at that!).

Got there around 5:15pm, There were people on 3.5's to 5.0's, I figured
it would be gusty an rigged a 4.9. Off to a good start and then it began to
back off as a big cloud came over. Switched to a floatier board and it died
completely at the end of Sherman. As I traveled back to Sac, it was howling
at Windy Cove, too late to rerig (settled for a Buritto and a Beer). It's
too bad windsight does not have a meter at Windy Cove, because I noticed that
the conditions can vary a lot between Sherman and Glass Beach.

Today Fri 9/23
A glutton for abuse, I left my house at 4:30 am (16-34 avg 26), by the time I got
there it was 9-20. Bagged it. That's 300 miles in less than 24hrs and 30 minutes
planning. It must be fall,as these were my first two strikeouts all season.

See ya in the winter storms or during the clearing winds.

steves@malik.rose.hp.com-DeleteThis