Re: Should I buy an old board?

From: jim wolfgram (jwolfgra@schwab.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Aug 29 1994 - 07:28:59 PDT

Date: Mon, 29 Aug 94 10:28:59 EDT
From: jwolfgra@schwab.com-DeleteThis (jim wolfgram)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Should I buy an old board?

I used to sail a screamer at Coyote, (until it was stolen), it's still my
favorite of all the boards I've owned and sailed. I weigh about 195, so the
screamer was a good all around board for me. At your body weight you may want
to consider a Mistral Stinger, I sailed one on Maui and thought it was as good
as the Screamer.

I know people who have sailed the E-Rock, and they all thought very highly
of it. I'm currently sailing Bic equipment (Adagio, Presto, Tempo) and have
been extremely pleased with all of them.

Keep you're eye on the swap meets, it may be possible to find one for $250. You
might also want to check the windsurf wharehouse consignment section, I'm
certain I've seen both E-Rocks and Screamers in there.