wednesday's wind forecast

From: bunchjef@fsg.prusec.com-DeleteThis
Date: Wed Aug 24 1994 - 08:04:46 PDT

Date: Wed, 24 Aug 1994 11:04:46 -0400
From: bunchjef@fsg.prusec.com-DeleteThis
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: wednesday's wind forecast

Looks like another bleak day: SW flow on the coast and the contuation
of weak pressure gradiant. This means that only those sites with
 a SW facing sailing site will happen if at all. Proably Larkspur, Rio, and maybe
Marina Bay. The fog wont' burn off at crissy..hasnt for two days. Penn'sula
sites will be weak, the best being tigers. I have noticed that some
people have spoken about the "NW gradiant". This doesnt exist. The push
or flow on the ocean/coast and the pressure gradiant are two separate things.
NW flow on the ocean means great sailing on the coast sites and the penn.
SW flow means no wind on the penn, some wind at Rio and Crissy, but not nuking
type stuff. The gradiant is dependant on the location of the thermal low in the
San Jocquin Valley: this year it has been located much more north than usual.
When it moved south in july...Rio blew like stink. NW flow over the past
weekend is very rare this time year. Sailing TUBA in August, never happened
before. My job of doing the crissy wind reports for windsight has been
more like the crissy fog report. Maybe we'll get lucky and get the gradiant
going again. BTW this is Jefwndhntr@aol.com-DeleteThis, AKA Jeff Bunch.
Yours in better boarsailing,

JRB