F2 Sputnik 285 WC

From: Rich Schumacher (rich@mptp.varian.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Jul 12 1994 - 16:18:44 PDT

Date: Tue, 12 Jul 1994 16:18:44 -0700
From: rich@mptp.varian.com-DeleteThis (Rich Schumacher)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: F2 Sputnik 285 WC

>P.S. I finally bought a bigger board for those light air days.
>I got a used '93 F2 Sputnik 285 WC with 115L. Does anybody have any
>experience with that board. It's gotten great reviews from the magazines
>and I've heard good things about it from several people. I look forward
>to trying it soon.

I sailed some sputnik WC's while on vacation last year and liked 'em a lot.
They were quick to plane, fast, and jibed fairly well. The downside is
that they seem to be fairly fragile. I saw a 280 on display at ASD, it
had folded from a flat landing. The guy who owned it brought it in for
repair, but it was too far gone. They (ASD) were using it as part of
their sales pitch. Rig a big sail and go out and have fun, just be careful
with your jumps.
Rich Schumacher