Coyote Report 6/15/94

From: ShreddinEd@aol.com-DeleteThis
Date: Wed Jun 15 1994 - 22:30:50 PDT

From: ShreddinEd@aol.com-DeleteThis
Sender: "ShreddinEd" <ShreddinEd@aol.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 94 01:30:50 EDT
Subject: Coyote Report 6/15/94

After drooling over the wind_afternoon reports all day yesterday, and having
to pick up my newly-repaired 8'8" after the nose ding I got Sunday anyway,
checked out Coyote late this afternoon. It was blowing so hard that ASD
wouldn't even demo me a smaller board. Shoreline Departure was reporting
gusts up to 43 knots at 5:00 pm!

The parking lot was virtually empty. I rigged my 4.0 (smallest sail, geez,
and I thought I wouldn't need any smaller around here). Most folks were on
3.0-3.4. Feeling full of confidence with my newly-purchased rescue pack
(flares, firefly II, extra line, knife), I sailed for a coupla hours and had
loads o' fun, but stayed near to shore just to be safe. The ramps were
nicely formed near the beach (3-4'), and provided ample air time for all. As
Jim P. reported yesterday, it backed off just a little to keep things
interesting about 6:30, but promptly kicked up again into the mid-30's to
40's about 7. My advice - git yer butt out there before the end of the week.

-shrEd
Ed Scott
ShreddinEd@aol.com-DeleteThis

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Franklin Roosevelt at 3rd Avenue