Re: (fwd) Coast Guard and Airport Rescuing Windsurfers (fwd)

From: Ken Poulton (poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Jun 15 1994 - 21:49:41 PDT

Date: Wed, 15 Jun 1994 21:49:41 -0700
From: Ken Poulton <poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
To: jlabat@oracle.com-DeleteThis, wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re:  (fwd) Coast Guard and Airport Rescuing Windsurfers (fwd)

> ...Does anyone have more info ?
>
> > From: clarinews@clarinet.com-DeleteThis (BCN)
> > Subject: Coast Guard and Airport Rescuing Windsurfers
> > Copyright: 1994 by Bay City News, R
> > Date: Tue, 7 Jun 94 19:30:14 PDT
> >
> > The U.S. Coast Guard and the San Francisco Airport Fire Department
> > are rescuing a windsurfer stranded in the Bay near the San Mateo
> > Bridge.
> > The windsurfer in distress was reported to the Coast Guard at 6:22
> > p.m., a spokesman said.

Note the date - this was the guy I called the Coast Guard for *last*
week.

And... it happened again today at 3rd. Someone broke off a fin in the
channel; conditions were about 4.0 near the shore at the time and
presumably more in the channel. A friend of his, Jeff, came in to get a
fin. Luckily, he knew what kind of finbox he needed. He went out with
the fin about 6:00 as I was leaving. After last week's towing attempts,
I am convinced that taking spare equipment out to the downed sailor is the
best way to get someone in.

Jerome, did he get in okay?

"... and let's be careful out there!" -- Hill Street Blues