Re: 3rd Av. Report

From: ShreddinEd@aol.com-DeleteThis
Date: Tue Jun 07 1994 - 12:42:58 PDT

From: ShreddinEd@aol.com-DeleteThis
Sender: "ShreddinEd" <ShreddinEd@aol.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 94 15:42:58 EDT
Subject: Re:  3rd Av. Report

hahn@nas.nasa.gov-DeleteThis (Jonathan Hahn) wrote:
>> Yesterday seemed to be one of the most consistant 4.5 days I've seen at
3rd
>> this year. It was a solid 5.0 from noon until 3:30 or so according to
reports
>> from the early lucky ones. I showed up at 4:30. Stayed on 4.5 'til 7:30.
>> The channel was radical. 4.0/4.3 with logo high sets on the outside
sometimes
>> partially breaking.
>> I love these clearing winds...
>> -stephane

>3rd was great yesterday. I rigged 5.0/9.0' at 5PM and was
>overpowered. So I rigged 3.9/8.8' challenge flex and it was perfect
>for the channel. What a blast! Unfortunately, the down haul knot at
the top of my mast came loose and I had to come in early. Tide & light
>winds inside blew me to the beach. I fixed my downhaul, and make a
>correction run to get back to the launch but it did more harm than
>good.

Coyote was equally good. I was way OP'd on my 4.6 and the chop was pretty
unreal. 4.0 probably would have sufficed, but didn't feel like rigging down.
 Session was cut short when Ed's Law kicked in and I broke the buckle on my
harness. (That makes mast and harness so far this season. What's next???)
 Thank goodness I was just outside the swimming area. Where was everyone?
 The parking lot was almost empty.

>I finally got the last of my gear in my car at 8PM. At that time, I
>saw a guy walking up the bike path from the south with his board & rig
>on his head. We talked and he said he had been blown way past the
>bridge! Talk about a walk of shame! I can't imagine walking that far
>with a board on my head. I usually leave my equipment and drive to it,
>if at all possible. Anyway, this guy belongs to the white mustang
convertable with the custom sans-roof rack.

How embarrassing! That's never happened to me at 3rd :).

-shrEd
Ed Scott
ShreddinEd@aol.com-DeleteThis