Re: Kurse of the KenB

From: Will Estes (westes@usc.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Apr 28 1994 - 19:10:23 PDT

From: Will Estes <westes@usc.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: Kurse of the KenB
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 1994 19:10:23 -0700 (PDT)

'Matt Yamamoto says:'
> analyzing local topography and tracking pressure differentials. The
> following are the top ten things I've found that indicate good wind at
> your favorite sailing site:
>
> 10. The one and only windtalker at this remote site is broken.
> 9. Your Hydrophobic In-laws from out of town are visiting.
> 8. An outdoor synchronized swimming event is scheduled at this site.
> 7. You realize your work or school project that you've been putting off
> to go windsurfing is due tomorrow.
> 6. You have recently broken a critical piece of windsurfing equipment
> which only Leonard, who is on vacation, knows how to repair.
> 5. The water at your sailing site is frozen, too low or missing entirely.
> 4. You are so sick you wouldn't have the energy to downhaul your sail
> and your Designated Downhauler is out of town.
> 3. You promised your non-sailing Significant Other that you would
> attend an all day poetry reading.
> 2. A sewage or toxic spill has occurred near your favorite site and
> a sign with a skull and crossbones warns you that you may die
> if you even look at the water.
> 1. Your Windsurfmobile is out of commission because the last time
> you went sailing you ran over your brand new, custom $1600, 12 lb.
> epoxy sandwich board and your G-10 blade fin poked a hole in
> your radiator but you didn't know it and drove home anyway and
> your engine overheated and seized.
>
> Of course, if more than one of these items is true, you can be pretty
> sure that it will nuke that day. However, this is all just a theory.
> Any input would be greatly appreciated.

And as KenP, KenB, and others who went to Oregon last year know, the real
number one indicator of nuclear wind in the Bay Area is:

1. You decided to spend a week in Hood River camping in the rain.

> -matt "the glass is half empty"

And the other half contains very polluted water. :)

--
Thanks,
Will Estes              Internet: westes@usc.com-DeleteThis