Coyote 4/17/94 (was green rig found at 3rd)

From: shreddined@aol.com-DeleteThis
Date: Mon Apr 18 1994 - 13:53:37 PDT

From: shreddined@aol.com-DeleteThis
Sender: "shreddined" <shreddined@aol.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 94 16:53:37 EDT
Subject: Coyote 4/17/94 (was green rig found at 3rd)

MINKIN@HOOVER.STANFORD.EDU-DeleteThis said:
>We were at Coyote, where the wind was strange....about died around 4pm
>outside, then picked up great way inside from 5PM to 7PM. Was really good
>way up wind, but the flood tide and low wind made it difficult to point so
>sharply to get up above the airport.

>Wendy

Everyone knows it's Wendy! :) Sorry, couldn't resist.

Seriously, I was at Coyote yesterday and fully concur. Maybe I was rigged
too small (5.5), board was too little (9.0), I'm just a lame-brain, or
all-three, but I had a hellava time staying upwind where almost everyone else
was. I seemed like there was a definite wind line from the edge of the
parking lot at the opposite side of the lagoon straight out. I couldn't hit
any decent wind until I got out near the channel, and then, it was up and
down. I'm considering getting a G10 Wing 362 to replace my old Finworks
Larry Tuttle-designed blade fin, hoping that it will give me better pointing
ability in such marginal conditions. Btw - I'm around 180 lb. Any
suggestions out there?

-shrEd
ShreddinEd@aol.com-DeleteThis

Black Mistubishi Eclipse