Re: Chrissy Friday report

From: Jim Paugh (James.Paugh@Eng.Sun.COM-DeleteThis)
Date: Sat Apr 16 1994 - 09:30:50 PDT

Date: Sat, 16 Apr 1994 09:30:50 -0700
From: James.Paugh@Eng.Sun.COM-DeleteThis (Jim Paugh)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Chrissy Friday report

>From: Will Estes <westes@usc.com-DeleteThis>
>To: Multiple recipients of list <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
>Subject: Re: Chrissy Friday report
>
>'Michael Schuh says:'
>>
>> I sailed Crissy today until 5:45. It was great. Close to shore was
>> light, but it was great outside on my 4.8 sail and 8'6" glass board. Paul
>> Delzio sailed on his 5.4 and 9' board. We were fully powered by the bridge.
>> The water was nice with small chop. As I look through the reports, I would
>> not have expected it to be so much fun. I would have sailed longer, but
>> I had to return the rental booms to City Front Sailboards. Next time, I will
>> bring the pair I left in my garage!
>
>You chose the right spot. It was a really bizarre weather pattern today,
>with my software showing the two windiest spots being the Gate and Angel
>Island.
>
>--
>Thanks,
>Will Estes Internet: westes@usc.com-DeleteThis
>U.S. Computer Saratoga, CA 95070

I went to Coyote Point, which was dead. I sat there until 5:00pm,
expecting it to pick up, especially since you could see the fog spilling
over the Santa Cruz Mnts. But it never did. As a last resort, I drove
upto Candle Stick, which was cranking! 4.5-5.0's already on the water.
I rigged my 5.7 race, and sailed until 6:30, very powered! I knew there
could be a difference, but that was pretty dramatic!

~Jim Paugh