Re: New Windsight Software

From: Will Estes (westes@netcom.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Mar 29 1994 - 09:05:53 PST

From: westes@netcom.com-DeleteThis (Will Estes)
Subject: Re: New Windsight Software
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 1994 09:05:53 -0800 (PST)

'Michael Schuh says:'

> I called Micro Forecasts for details: 800-934-2278 and they
> said that their software costs $115 + $.70/min for connect
> time. It appeared that a call into their system would take
> about 1 minute. Sounds like a fair deal. The down side for
> me is that the software requires an IBM compatible with a VGA
> monitor. I only have a 9 year old EGA. The software does sound
> nice, but I wonder how much more information is available through
> it rather than through Ken's server? If I ever make it up to
> Sausalito Sailboards, I will take a look at it. Supposedly they
> have a machine demoing it.

Ken's data is National Weather Service, and it doesn't give
minute-by-minute readings, let alone provide meaningful graphs of
peak/average trends over the last few hours. I upgraded from an
old version of their software for $20, so it was an easy decision
for me.

--
Thanks,
Will Estes              Internet: westes@netcom.com-DeleteThis