Re: Sail repair shops

From: kenb@hpindck.cup.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Thu Dec 02 1993 - 14:35:16 PST

To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Sail repair shops
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 93 14:35:16 -0800
From: kenb@hpindck.cup.hp.com-DeleteThis

Jack,

With the departure of Waddell Sails, I too know I will eventually need to
find a place for sail repairs.

I noticed late last season that it looked like Helm of San Carlos was starting
to get into equipment repair, but I never checked into whether that included
sails. I also heard that one of Waddell's employees was planning on staying
in Santa Cruz and open a sail repair place, but I haven't got any details on
how to find this guy. If the rumour is true, perhaps a call up to Waddell
(funny name for a loft located in the Gorge now, isn't it?) might yield
results.

For me, Santa Cruz or San Mateo is somewhat of a wash. But if you hear of
any good spots, please let me know as well.

Thx,

Ken "switching to snowboarding soon" Brown