Re: ebb at 3rd

From: Ken Poulton (poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Sep 28 1993 - 11:29:36 PDT

Date: Tue, 28 Sep 93 11:29:36 -0700
From: Ken Poulton <poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: ebb at 3rd

> I don't know what it was yesterday, but it was LOW!!! I've never seen
> the tide that low there before ........ The wind wasn't to great at
> around 5:00pm, and I sailed out a ways before deciding I'de better get
> back because it seemed to be worse as I was going out ......... my
> attempted jibe failed, but the tide was so low I was able to literally
> do a middle of the water beach start.

I have no problem with that. The question is: how bad was the muck at
the shore when you attempted to get out? How far from shore did you
have to "walk" to have enough water to sail in (2 feet)?

Low tide yesterday: +1.5 at 5:20
Low tide today: +1.1 at 6:10

> What was the forcast for yesterday? ...... I'm trying to figure out if todays
> prediction is better than yesterdays and if that will become a reality.

Yesterday: 18 knots at 4:00 Pretty close
Today: 17 knots at 1:00 I think it will be later than that.