Re: Gorge tips

From: Steve Shugart (steve@malik.rose.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Sep 21 1993 - 11:31:26 PDT

From: Steve Shugart <steve@malik.rose.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: Gorge tips
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis ()
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 93 11:31:26 PDT
Mailer: Elm [revision: 70.30]

> Reply to: RE>Gorge tips
> The week before last was dismal. I was there Monday through Friday and there
> was NO WIND. Friday it cam up a little, but it was very unpredictable, with
> wide fluctuations in windspeed.
>
> --------------------------------------
> Date: 9/20/93 12:27 PM
> To: Steve Hunt
> From: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
>

> Howdy all,
> Anyone have any idea what's happening at the Gorge now and
> how things generally are this time of year? I'm debating
> heading up next week.
>

> Thanks for any info.
>
> -andy

 I've heard that September is great from a person that used to live up there
Chuck Simms of Delta Speed. I belong to Windsight, so before I truck all the
way up to the gorge, I call Windsight and listen to the long term Gorge
forecast. I also listen to the Southern Coast forecast of Oregon, in case
the Gorge isn't going on the way up. This method prevented me from attempting
any trips to the Gorge this summer as the wind and weather were not the best
this year when I could go. However I did get some great days in the Bay and
Delta during those periods.

I am curious, about how the gorge was this year! Did anyone go up and get
at least 3-4 days of nukin conditions ?

Has anyone had any good days at Davenport, Scotts or Waddell lately ?